Kickin’ it Old School at Small Fry
Remember when tin can stilts, dominoes, and marbles weren’t overshadowed by DVRs and iPads? Over at Small Fry, they sure do, and our Baseball Henley in and Gym Sweats (below, in Firebrick) were featured in an awesome “Throwback Tuesday” post. Click on over to check out some great ideas for old-school games and toys to introduce to your kids, as well more gorgeous photos of our retro threads.
Love from Estella
Estella is a longtime favorite shop for the most fashionable kids in NYC and beyond. In addition to a great selection of quality kids’ clothing (Including yours truly! Not that we’re biased…), you can get the inside scoop and find great fashion/gift ideas on their blog.
So, of course, we were stoked to hear their thoughts on this season’s collection:
Appaman has released photos of its fall 2013 collection and, per usual, it is full of street-smart pieces that are comfortable, practical, and ultra cool. This season’s collection pays homage to iconic American style with vintage varsity jackets, prep school basics, and punk-inspired plaid. As always, the line manages to bring a hint of the founder’s unique Scandinavian perspective into its clothing to create truly one-of-a-kind pieces with tons of street-cred. Whether your kids are at school, heading to practice, or hanging out with friends, Appaman’s pieces allow your kids to discover and explore their own personal style. What’s better than that?
Thanks for the love! Right back at ya.
Always in-the-know LilSugar had great things to say about our Fall jackets and coats:
As usual, the line’s outerwear is the star of the show with fabulous varsity bomber jackets; puffy, motorcycle-inspired vests; and the boy’s band-inspired Route 1 jacket that he’ll be begging to wear even before the weather turns cool.
Cool Back to School Style Featured in Redbook Magazine
Outfit Ideas from People
People Moms & Babies recommends Appaman’s Mod Suit in Navy when your mini Justin Timberlake wants to turn this into a suit and tie kind of situation. We approve of most Justin Timberlake related matters, so we approve of this idea.
Our friends around the blogosphere are always coming up with great ways to style Appaman threads. Click on over to these links for great reading material and pint-sized fashion inspiration:
- Thanks to Spearmint Baby for featuring the Hockey Jersey in Galaxy in this gorgeous post about using navy blue in your baby’s nursery (even a gender neutral one).
- MAD PROPS to Stroller in the City for this rock star quality photo shoot featuring our Mod Suit in Mist, styled with a black and white tee and some matching kicks. Ryder looks like he’s touring the Lower East Side with his elementary school British punk band or something.
- Tristin and Tyler donned their matching Mod Suit blazers for a trip to Goodwill, where they donated some items they no longer needed, and did a little treasure hunting themselves! Appaman HQ’s resident thrift shop fanatics give ‘em two thumbs up.
- More love for our Fine Tailoring over at Mom Trends, where we made the cut for their “Best of Boys Fashions” feature.
- LilSugar included us in this cute slideshow of “Celebrity Tots’ Favorite Brands,” featuring pics of Kingston Rossdale and the Broderick twins.
Appaman’s spring 2013 collection has hit the ground running, and we’re thrilled to see such a positive response.
Check out the newest Appaman love, in press and in the blogosphere:
- Head over to A-List Mom for a chance to win some Appaman and Nununu Baby gear for your “Back to Spring” wardrobe.
- Travel + Leisure magazine loves our Windbreaker in Seagrass (get yours here).
- Lots of love to Pop Street Kidz for this lovely review of our newest collection!
- Boys Be Cool did an awesome preview of the Spring ’13 collection, and made lots of great outfit suggestions.
- LilSugar says, “The ’80s are back big time in the world of Appaman!” Got that right.
- The Masked Bunny Grammercy Tee (available here) made it into the March ’13 issue of Parenting magazine. Such lovely styling, don’t you think?